Three local 3D Archers, members of Fort La Bosse Wildlife club (FLBW) competed at Canadian Nationals, Aug. 2-5 in Prince Albert, Sask. where Jaxon Chadney brought home bronze in his category.
The three local competitors, Leon Laffin, his daughter Taylor Laffin and Jaxon Chadney, spent five days in Prince Albert, where they were in competition for three days.
Third place winner, Chadney, a Virden Collegiate student shoots for both Team Manitoba and Team Wolverine Supplies.
The Laffins shoot for Team Wolverine Supplies. Taylor has recently graduated Grade 12. She finished sixth in her category. Leon is one of the FLBW local archery instructors. He finished 11th in his category.
Timberland Bowbenders Archery Club hosted the event. The Championship consisted of four courses of 20 targets in the beautiful northern Saskatchewan timber. These are 3D animal targets that are placed in their natural habitat much like real life hunting situation.
The Laffins and Chadney have competed in over 15 shoots this year, all over Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Earlier in the summer, Fort La Bosse Wildlife Association hosted the 3D Outdoor Provincials on July 21. Twenty-four local archers competed, and with 75 total competitors, this was the highest attendance at Provincials since 2009.
- Skylar Andries 1st female cub 14&U
- Chay Stadnyk 1st male cub 14&U
- Jaxon Chadney 2nd male cub 14&U
- Ryan Hipwell 3rd male cub 14&U
- Austin Norgan 5th male cub 14&U
- Hunter Andries 4th male cadet 17&U
- Tanner Wilkinson 6th male cadet 17&U
- Damien Smith Barre 1st male pee wee
- Matt Hipwell 2nd hunter
- Brent Rolston 5th hunter
- Dwight Barre 8th hunter
- Tim Gompf 1st master 50 hunter
- Reg Thiessen 2nd master 50 hunter
- Taylor Laffin 3rd women’s k50
- Dave Andries 5th men’s k50
- Leon Laffin 7th men’s k50
- Dale Chadney 10th men’s k50