Minutes of the Municipality of Two Borders Committee of the Whole meeting held October 1, 2019. In attendance: Reeve McMechan, Deputy Reeve Wickham, Councillors McMechan, Dickson, Brown, Jackson, Clark, Jones and Renwick, Assistant CAO Danielle Stone-Lamontagne and CAO Grace Carr. Absent: Councillor Tucker.
Jones/Wickham: Reeve McMechan called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m. Carried.
Wickham/Jones: Be it resolved that the meeting agenda as prepared by the CAO be adopted with the following additions: Road Allowance Policy, CAO Report. Carried.
Delegations, Hearings and Petitions
- Foreman Report: The Foreman reported the following – Culbertson Crossing is complete other than dirt work; Rawhide Crossing is being cemented today and should be complete this month; 2017 DFA Site received approval for a cement culvert crossing at the site; the bridge located on the 23N between the 160W and 161W has been repaired; Kilfoyle Bridge will be repaired in the future; gravel crushing has started; 2020 gravel map is started; seven culverts are left to be installed.
- CAO Report: CAO discussed the following with Council – quarterly indemnity payments; future calendar events; Equipment Committee meeting date; 2019 gravel budget amounts; 2014 DFA receivables.
Business Arising/ Unfinished Business
- Foreman position: Council discussed their options for the Foreman position description.
- Manitoba 150 Celebration Committee: Council appointed Councillor Jones, Reeve McMechan and Deputy Reeve Wickham to the Manitoba 150 Celebration Committee as their will be a joint celebration with the Town of Melita.
- Utilities rate studies: Council reviewed the recommendations of Dale Lyle and discussed the possibility of combining the Pierson and Lyleton Utilities.
- Accessibility Plan review: Council reviewed the Accessibility Plan and will report any changes needed at the regular meeting of council.
- Map of school cairns: A map is available for Councillors to mark school cairns and green spaces.
- Meeting with Cabinet Ministers: Council would like to meet with the Honourable Ron R. Schuler, Minister of Instrastructure, regarding Highway 83 and the infrastructure upgrades needed to classify this highway as an RTAC Road.
- Canupawaka Dakota First Nation Community Centre fire: Council would like to send their condolences to the Canupawaka Dakota First Nations and ask if their require assistance as their Community Centre was heavily damaged in a fire.
- Equipment Committee: The Equipment Committee set a date in October to discuss a 5 year equipment purchasing plan for future budgeting and reserve transfers.
- Landfill Operations Basics Course: Council discussed sending the Seasonal Municipal Labourer to the Landfill Operations Basics Course held in Dauphin, MB from November 19-21.
- Road Allowance Policy: Council would like to seek legal advice regarding the interpretation of Road Allowance Policy No. 7.1
- PR Committee: Councillor Clark reported that the vests they ordered are in.
- Sourisford Park Committee: Deputy Reeve Wickham reported that Delnor Davies will be building the picnic table in honour of Margaret Sando (Elliot) who was born in the stone house located in Coulter Park.
- Jackson/Clark: Be it resolved that the correspondence as presented be received as information. Carried.
- Jackson/Clark: Be it resolved that Council does now adjourn at 3:45 p.m. Carried